4 Gifts Perfect for Mom This Mother’s Day
Mom is amazing. She’s there from the moment we take our first breath. She’s close by when we take our first steps. She’s right behind us when we get on the school bus for the first time. She’s in the front row when we graduate from high school. And, of course, she’s right there any time we need to talk to someone or need a shoulder to cry on.
While mom might be incredible, though, she’s also human. All of the work of being a 24/7 superhero requires some support from time to time. With that in mind, here are five of our most popular products to help mom, whether she’s taking care of business or looking for a little self-care.
1. New Moms
Let’s start at the beginning — literally. New moms go through a lot. Pregnancy leads to itchy, dry skin. Acne is common (more on that further down). Stretch marks are par for the course.
If you’re looking for a way to thank a new mom in your life, our New Mom Toolkit is the perfect answer. The bundle of joy comes with:
- Recovery Balm: This is the perfect solution for bruising, swelling, stiffness, and soreness.
- Baby Balm: This is a safe and effective way for Mom to take care of her little one. It also comes in a jar and twist-up format for at-home and on-the-go use, respectively.
- Magnesium Balm: This is a great option to reduce stretch marks and improve skin elasticity.
There are many things that a new mom has to deal with. This toolkit ensures that uncomfortable skin isn’t on that list.
2. Stress Relief and Sleep
There are a lot of things that can weigh on a mother’s mind. Dr. Doug’s Stress Relief Toolkit is a great way to restore a little bit of peace to the equation. The kit comes with the following:
- Doug’s Magnesium Balm (jar and twist-up versions): Along with restoring skin elasticity, magnesium also addresses restless legs, migraines, and sore muscles, helping the body relax and let go of tension.
- Charcoal Soap: This is an effective way to clean up and exfoliate at the same time, cleansing the skin and preparing it for you to apply a topical.
Magnesium is a proven way to combat anxiety, stress, and even depression — all of which are concerns for a mother. Its calming properties also make it an excellent sleep-enhancing agent. Applying our Magnesium Balm before bed can help Mom get a more complete night’s sleep.
3. Acne Relief
There are points in motherhood where acne can be a concern — especially for new mothers. As changing hormones affect the body, breakouts can follow and the desire to maintain clean skin can become a priority. When that’s the case, Dr. Doug’s offers acne relief in multiple formats, including:
- Miracle Balm + Clear Zinc: Zinc has been shown to ward off acne flare-ups. Our Miracle Balm + Clear Zinc helps control inflammatory responses, reduces natural oils, and may even prevent pores from clogging.
- Charcoal Soap: Charcoal Soap is a great exfoliating agent. It can help prevent acne and reduce blemishes without drying out the skin in the process.
- Organic extra virgin olive oil: Finally, most of our products include organic, extra virgin olive oil, which has also been shown to help with anti-aging and skin elasticity, helping to restore a sense of vigor, youth, and cleanliness to a mother’s skin.
Acne isn’t an issue reserved for teenagers. If Mom is trying to manage uncooperative acne breakouts, these can help.
4. Kid-Friendly Skincare Tools
Mom doesn’t just need to take care of herself. She also looks out for the rest of her family, too. Fortunately, we have a few ways to make this job a bit easier:
- Bug Potion: Our DEET-free Bug Potion avoids harmful chemicals, keeping bugs away through the strong-yet-safe use of natural Lemongrass essential oil.
- Bug Potion + Zinc: Our Bug Potion + Zinc takes the insect repellant to the next level by adding a mineral sun protection agent that can also accelerate the healing process of sunburn and bug bites, along with any other scrapes and scratches.
There are many ways to use Dr. Doug’s Balms this Mother’s Day. The important thing is that you make the effort to equip Mom with the tools she needs to do her job well. When you can combine that with gifts that give her a little TLC, it only makes things that much better.
Here’s to all you moms out there!