Leading a Healthy Lifestyle: Self-Care Tips
Happy International Self-Care Day!
“Self care is giving the world the best of you instead of what’s left of you.”
Living a healthy lifestyle has many aspects to it but one aspect that a lot of people forget about is our mental and emotional health. We get so consumed by our busy everyday lives whether its working hard to make a living or taking care of children. Becoming consumed by our responsibilities, we forget to take the time for ourselves. To its core, self-care is any action we take or choice we make to fulfill one of our physical, spiritual or emotional needs. It’s all of the little ways we take care of ourselves to make sure we don’t have a breakdown in one of these three areas.
There are so many different types of ways to perform self-care. Here are some we think are important:
Overall, It’s so important to make sure you take good care of your body, mind, and soul every day, not just when you get sick. Learning how to eat right, reduce stress, exercise regularly, and take a time-out when you need it are touchstones of self-care and can keep you healthy, fit, and resilient.
Here’s why you shouldn’t neglect self-care:
● Knowing Your Worth- Maintaining a healthy relationship with yourself produces positive feelings and boosts your confidence & self-esteem. It’s necessary to remind yourself that you and your needs are important.
● Healthy Work-Life balance- Workaholism is not a virtue. Overwork and the stress that accompanies it can make you less productive, disorganized, and emotionally depleted. It can also lead to health problems such as anxiety, depression, insomnia, and heart diseases.
● Stress Management- a little dose of stress is a healthy way to give us a nudge to meet deadline or finish overdue tasks, however, constant stress and anxiety can have an adverse effect on your mental and physical health
● Start living, Stop Existing- Life is a precious gift that we are given. So why should we waste it when we have the everyday choice to have a meaningful existence? Taking care of yourself is your responsibility. Learn to enjoy the little things in life like watching the sunrise, enjoying a bubble bath, or reading a book. Make your life more purposeful by giving yourself a reason to wake up in the mornings.
● Better Physical Health- Self care is not just about your mental health; it’s also about caring for your physical self. Eat healthy. Sleep adequately. Care for your hygiene. Exercise regularly.
One aspect of self-care is taking care of your skin. Having a healthy skincare routine will not only help you look your best but physically it will make you feel better as well. Here at Dr. Doug's we're focused on skin care health by providing products that are organic and all-natural. 🌿 Take care of yourself.